What a week, huh? For instance, there were those Hawaii tourists who drove straight into a boat harbor by following their GPS directions. The good news is that they were rescued and no one was seriously hurt. The bad news is that Western culture, following the crazy political-correctness that is the left’s version of GPS, is driving towards a much more catastrophic end.
A few cases in point — How about the skyrocketing rates of church vandalism, legislation targeting church sacraments, and the FBI and other government agencies going after people of faith? One example from this week was Saint Francis Health System, the 12th-largest hospital in the U.S., being told by the feds that its solitary candle in the chapel was a safety hazard and, unless it was snuffed out forthwith, it would lose its ability to accept Medicare, Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
More men, dressed as women and claiming to be such, are taking home more of the championships in women’s athletic contests. And the media, once champions of women’s sports, applauds.
The Democrats are intensifying their attacks on the Supreme Court, one of the few institutions it doesn’t already dominate.
Teachers are leaving the government schools in droves because of uncontrollable students and the ridiculousness of gender politics. But the administrators? They’re staying put.
Democrats in Oregon passed a bill that, among other things, would allow minors to undergo sex reassignment surgery and obtain abortions without their parent’s permission.
Oh yes, to deal with the severe shortage of young citizens going into the military, the U.S. Navy hired a “nonbinary” drag queen to be a “digital ambassador.” Yeah, that’ll work.
Government school teachers in Colorado passed a resolution calling for an end to capitalism because capitalism “inherently exploits children, public schools, land, labor, and resources.” Also in Colorado, the Democrats there voted against a measure that would enhance criminal penalties for indecent exposure in view of a minor. Why? Because some claimed it could be used to ban drag queen shows.
The thug wanted for murdering 5 people in “execution style,” (including an 8-year-old child) is an illegal alien who has been deported 5 times.
And finally, it turns out that the saintly American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), is sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars (including millions in offshore Caribbean accounts) and doling out six-figure salaries to employees — while giving just 2% of its budget to pet shelters!
Let’s move on to my Top 5 for this week.
* American Maoism. Rage meets self-pity as the permanently offended root out false thought. (Daniel J. Mahoney, American Mind)
* Patriots Are Starting to Hate America, Too. (CNN, of all places, just released a survey that shows something true.) (Scott McKay, American Spectator)
* Unrigging Our Elections (Mark and Mollie Hemingway, American Mind)
* To Protect Free Speech, We Must Preserve Language. It may at times seem tedious or trivial, but those committed to speaking and living the truth must not disengage from the conflict over language. (Lathan Watts, Alliance Defending Freedom)
* Beyond Fate: How America Can Fulfill Its Destiny and Illuminate the Path to a Better World (Armstrong Williams, Daily Signal)