Since its beginnings in 1982, the core values of Vital Signs Ministries have been a commitment to Christian orthodoxy, including a comprehensive sanctity of life ethic. Thus we take very seriously our responsibilities to preach the gospel, to make disciples, and in Christ’s Name, to serve “the least of these” in a variety of relevant ways. Education. Direct Action. Intercession. Advocacy. Fellowship. And more.
Vital Signs Ministries’ record of service in these last 40 years (and counting) has included:
* The creation of the AAA Center for Pregnancy Counseling.
* Prayerful, peaceful, and winsome sidewalk counseling at abortion businesses.
* The creation of the extremely popular “When Swing Was King” ministry in senior care facilities and several other outreach services to seniors.
* Thousands of speaking engagements throughout America – as well as in Germany, Russia, England, Nigeria, Poland, India, Wales, Burkina Faso, Scotland, Canada, Switzerland, and Belarus.
* The radio broadcasts “Vital Signs” and “Vital Signs Weekend.”
* Quarterly letter-writing events and ongoing correspondence.
* Book discussions, film showings, educational events featuring acclaimed speakers.
* An active social media presence.
Elsewhere in this website you can find more detailed information about Vital Signs Ministries. We sincerely hope you find your time here of signficant spiritual value. Immediately below, however, you will find information on Vital Signs’ remarkable history, our Doctrinal Statement, and brief biographies of our founders and Directors, Denny & Claire Hartford. Also in the section on the Hartfords, you’ll find an unusual (and super interesting) article that explores Denny’s & Claire’s character and convictions by looking at what they read. Check it out.